The B1 visa and B2 visa are temporary, non-immigrant visas that allow the holder to travel to the United States for either business or tourism purposes. Want more information on how to apply? Boundless + RapidVisa can help!
Almost all reasons for temporary travel are covered by B visas except student travel, which is covered under F-1 visas.
B-1/B-2 Visa Requirements
Fusce non mi at nisl laoreet pretium. Nulla ut elementum sapien, a pulvinar augue. Sed semper sed tellus in ultrices. Nam hendrerit elit vel urna fermentum congue. Aenean varius euismod quam sed ultrices. Duis ac magna turpis.
The B1/B2 visa covers a variety of reasons for travel to the United States that includes both business and tourism/non-business purposes.
Reasons for travel under a B1 visa include:
- Conducting business, such as negotiating a contract or attending business meetings
- Attending a conference relevant to a profession, education, or current business endeavor
- Settling an estate
Reasons for travel under a B2 visa include:
- Engaging in tourist activities or take a vacation
- Visiting family
- Receiving medical treatment
- Attending or taking part in events, such as concerts or classes, as long as there is no payment or credit given to the attendee
- Taking a short recreational study course, such as a cooking class
You cannot travel under this visa to engage any of the following:
- Long-term employment by a U.S. firm
- Paid performances, or any professional performance before a paying audience
- Arrival as a crewmember on a ship or aircraft
- Work as foreign press, in radio, film, print journalism, or other information media
- Permanent residence in the United States
A B1 visa and B2 visa do not grant permanent resident status — they are temporary visas – but the holder can apply for a green card. The maximum amount of time issued for B visas is 180 days.
These visas allow for multiple entries into the United States.
RapidVisa Services today!